Senior Frontend Developer
What we’re looking for
A senior developer who can play a pivotal role in an agency that helps disrupter brands and large-scale start-ups unleash their ideas on the world. We’re a curious and creative bunch and want someone who can help us connect the art of design with the art of digital development.
Got brilliant ideas, amazing development ability and strategic thinking? The confidence to give constructive direction and guidance that can inspire colleagues and clients alike? This is a role you can grow in and really make your own.
What you’ll get in return
🏡 Hybrid set-up with up to 3 days a week WFH
🏢 Swanky studio in Baltic Triangle with snacks and drinks on the house
🚀 Collaborate with exciting new startups
🌱 Members of Ecology and a Climate Positive Workforce
💻 Macbook Pro or computer of your choice
✏️ £500 a year to splash on skills and training
🩺 Health Plan to help you stay tip-top
🏖️ 22 days holiday + bank holidays
A bit about us
Since 2012, we’ve been partnering with people who find truly better ways of doing things. Ideas that make customers’ lives better and change the world they work in.
We love to uncover the little things no-one has before and we do our best work when we have a proper understanding of our partners, their ambitions, and the new ways they are doing things. That’s when we can really create stand-out brand work that has impact.
What you’ll be doing
It’s never a one-size-fits-all approach here and we’re always focused on what clients need. But you can expect to:
- Develop new technical features and maintain current systems.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimise front end applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Design and maintain collaborative experience for the end user.
- Lead collaboration with other team members and stakeholders.
- Develop new front-end applications to support client systems, especially Shopify front end themes.
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that applications render well across multiple devices.
- Work directly with the client to ensure a seamless customer facing experience.
- Collaborate across the agency to drive up standards of creativity.
- Reviewing other developers code to ensure consistency and standards.
How you’ll do it
You’ll take the lead on front end implementations and iterations of existing site builds – defining how the front-end code is structured as well as how it works.
Collaboration is a big thing for us, and you’ll join forces with the rest of our developers on projects and offer feedback to other team members. You’ll work with authority and professionalism and ensure we produce the highest quality digital work and implement the technical structures that complement the outstanding work our creatives deliver.
Your inventive solutions, ability and experience will help us to extend our digital capability – and blow the competition out of the water.
What our ideal candidate looks like
- An outstanding creative thinker with a natural ability to push development forwards.
- Thorough attention to detail when crafting frontend designs.
- Strategically minded, able to quickly get under the skin of a brand and deliver meaningful creative solutions. We’ve got loads of interesting brand opportunities to get stuck into.
- Articulate, confident and convincing in presenting their ideas, persuasive in bringing others along with you.
- Able to communicate the requirements of technical solutions to non-engineers.
- An energetic and positive mindset.
- A team player who wants everyone to succeed.
The must haves
- Proficient understanding of at least one SPA style framework (Vue.js / React etc)
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Proficient in Liquid markup and understanding of the Shopify infrastructure.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Bitbucket.
- Proficient with modern responsive web development and skilled in producing standardised experiences across all devices.
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of Design / UX authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Adobe XD / Figma, Illustrator etc.
The nice to haves
- Basic understanding of other server side languages (NodeJS / Ruby).
- Experience with modern PHP Frameworks and package managers.
When and where you’ll work
For 4 days you’ll be free to work where suits you – but 1 day a week you’ll need to come into our office.
We’re based in Liverpool, but this role will include travel, so you’ll need a driving licence or be happy to use public transport to get around. Work life balance is important to us but sometimes there may be a need to meet client deadlines that fall outside normal office hours.
Ready to join the team?
Send your CV, sample portfolio or GitHub / GitLab link and a covering email with a single paragraph explaining very briefly what technologies and approach you would use to implement a third party eBay search tool and why you want to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org